Each week the AIT community receives #TakeActionTuesday with tips for creating impactful change in their community and beyond. From new online tools, to pending policy updates, subscribe today to make sure you don’t miss these action-oriented recommendations.
Election day is here, and the polls are open! Today you have an opportunity to make your voice heard from the halls of your local government to Capitol Hill, and, better yet, to encourage those around you to do the same.
This #TakeActionTuesday, remind your friends, family, and colleagues to head to the polls and VOTE!
Here are some ways to help get out the vote today:
- Send a text. People are more likely to vote when they are asked. Take a moment to send a text message to 3 people (or more!) and remind them to head to the polls. Text this link to help your friends locate their polling location and hours.
- Share a ride. Get your voting crew together, and make a plan to share a ride. There are many rideshare companies offering free or heavily discounted rides to the polls. Check out the list below:
- Lyft is offering 50% off rides. Just search “lyft get out the vote” online, and enter your zip code to get the coupon.
- Uber is offering $10 off on a single ride with the code VOTE2018.
- Zipcar is giving any member who reserves a car between 6pm-10pm a $20 credit towards a future reservation.
- Organize at work. Organize a group of your colleagues to accompany you to the polls during your lunch break. Remember, even if your workplace does not have a specific voting policy, most states have voter-leave laws that require employers to allow employees to take time off to vote. Check out this link to find out what voter-leave laws exist in your state.
Do you have questions about voting? Ask us at firstname.lastname@example.org.