Each week the AIT community receives #TakeActionTuesday with tips for creating impactful change in their community and beyond. From new online tools, to pending policy updates, subscribe today to make sure you don’t miss these action-oriented recommendations.
It’s time to solidify your voting plan!
Can you believe the election is 2 weeks away?!? New data shows early voting numbers have already surpassed the same point in 2016. According to the Washington Post, at least 17 million people have voted in battleground states and there’s still lots of work to be done before November 3rd. Women have the power to decide this election, but voter turnout is key, check out the graphic below for a full outline of early voting dates across the U.S.
This #TakeActionTuesday, solidify your plan to vote!
- Plan Ahead – While most states have already closed their voter registration for 2020, Colorado, Connecticut and Iowa are still open for online voter registration. If your state is still accepting voter registrations please take time today and double-check your registration status, then help five friends do the same.
- Vote By Mail– Nine states, plus the District of Columbia, will conduct their elections primarily by mail by this year. 35 others will allow any voter to request a ballot to vote by mail. If your planning to vote by mail make sure you review your state’s request deadlineand request your ballot.
- Track your ballot – If you’ve requested your absentee ballot but still haven’t received it, you can reach out to your State Board of Elections to track your ballot and ensure you don’t miss your state’s mailing deadline.
- Early Voting – Check out the early voting graphic and then head to our voting guide to review your state’s rules and find your polling location.
- Donate – Supportthe grassroots education and mobilization AIT does to get women to the polls in 2020 and beyond.
Have you already voted? If so, what was your experience like either with a mail-in ballot or early voting? We want your stories, email firstname.lastname@example.org.