The Summit for Women and Democracy
This landmark event will convene leaders from the nation’s most influential organizations working to advance gender equality in American democracy at an urgent time. The summit is invitation only, if you are interested in attending please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each session will be moderated by luminary thinkers and will focus not just on barriers but also on critical solutions and accelerators of progress. The goal is to articulate clear calls to action, funding, and collaboration to advance American democracy through the full and equal participation of women.
Following the summit, there will be a public program hosted by the LBJ Foundation, the 19th*, and AIT with extraordinary artists, leaders, and activists to be announced. The registration link for the public event will be released at a later date, and the event will be livestreamed across social media.
Forum Agenda Topics
- Social Change Through Civic Literacy
- Getting to 50/50: Gender Equality in Elected Office
- Women’s Rights as a Foundation of a Healthy Democracy
- A Fair, Free, and Inclusive Press: Combatting Harassment of Women Journalists
- Reaching the “Unreachable”: Activating Women on the Margins of our Political Process
- Building Coalitions Across Differences
- Activating Activism: Supporting Mass Mobilization and Citizen Advocacy for Change
- Calling Philanthropy to the Cause
Advancing gender equity in American democracy has never been more urgent or important.