- This event has passed.
Advocating for Women in the Time of COVID
March 30 @ 1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
The COVID-19 crisis will have an outsized impact on women, who comprise the majority of the responding healthcare professionals, caretakers of children and aging relatives, low-wage workers, domestic violence survivors, and small business owners.
This urgent conversation will feature a panel of female elected officials from around the country and will focus on how women can advocate for their concerns and immediate, often unprecedented, needs in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
Please join us in our efforts to ensure that women’s needs are given their fair share of the legislative solutions by learning how to best advocate for your needs and the needs of women in your community.
During this town hall you will learn…
- Why we are “All In” & why women’s voices matter now more than ever
- How constituents can champion community needs & shape legislative solutions
- Tools for contacting your elected officials and telling your personal story
- Q&A with female elected officials from around the country
- Errin Haines, Editor-at-large, The 19th* News
- Lauren Leader, Co-Founder & CEO, All In Together
- Shelley Mayer, Senator, New York State Senate
- Florence Shapiro, Senator (Former), Texas State Senate
This is a free event, but please claim your registration today! If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.