Wanda Young is a visionary brand marketer and digital transformation expert who thrives at the intersection of brand, digital, technology and data paired with a deep understanding of the consumer mindset. She gained her experience working for the largest brands in retail, sports & entertainment, consumer products and electronics.
She is a successful brand marketer and change agent that organizations seek to drive digital and data transformation – a Chief Experience Officer years before the title was invented.
In her roles managing multiple notable brands including Samsung, Disney, ESPN, Walmart, Alltel and Acxiom, she developed knowledge of the interconnectedness of brand, digital and data, of the importance of customer experience across all touchpoints, the power of data and localization, and the in-the-trenches accountability to drive outcomes.
As the recent CMO of Samsung Electronics America, she helped localize the brand during the global pandemic and contribute to increasing their #5 ranking on Interbrand’s Best Global Brands List. Listening to consumer feedback and testing the site experience, Young’s team leveraged the stay-at-home consumer behavior to drive an improved consumer journey and site experience leading to double-digital eCommerce sales growth. She has been leading their digital transformation efforts inclusive of a consumer-centric data strategy, a unified tech stack to enable business outcomes and transformed people, process and change management efforts.
Young enjoyed a series of firsts in her career including:
- Launched ESPN+, Disney’s first DTC sports streaming service in 2018
- Developed Walmart’s first social media presence in 2009
- Built 5000 local Walmart Facebook pages which are still live today and continue to scale
- Developed the first weather-triggered ad product with The Weather Company in 2014
- Designed an ad product with Google called Local Inventory Ads in 2012; (still live today)
- Part of team who took Alltel Wireless private in 2007 which later sold to Verizon Wireless
- Launched Acxiom.com website in 2001 on her first Mother’s Day with her daughter on her lap.
Young received a Bachelor of Arts in English with a minor in Advertising from the University of Arkansas.